Harlingen, TX Dental Sedation with Nitrous Oxide
Millions of adults and kids in the US experience some level of dental phobia or anxiety. If you’re among them, we’ll do our best to make sure you feel relaxed and comfortable throughout your dental appointment. Our kind and gentle dental team makes it easy for patients to feel right at home, but for those who need an extra boost to feel at ease in our office, we also offer nitrous oxide sedation. If you’re interested in sedation dentistry services, don’t hesitate to give our team a call or ask about sedation at your next visit.
Who Needs Dental Sedation?
We may recommend nitrous oxide dental sedation for patients with any of the following concerns:
- Dental phobia or anxiety that makes visiting our office excessively stressful
- Sensitive teeth, gums, or gag reflexes
- Difficulty numbing with local anesthesia alone
- Numerous or complex treatments that need to be completed in as few visits as possible
- Kids who may be too young to fully comprehend their treatments
How Does Nitrous Oxide Work?
Nitrous oxide is inhaled through a nasal mask and takes effect very quickly. We can easily adjust the dosage throughout your treatment to keep you completely relaxed and comfortable. The sedative effects of nitrous oxide are mild, so you’ll simply feel relaxed and experience decreased sensation. You’ll remain alert enough to answer questions and communicate during your procedure, and the effects of nitrous oxide wear away as quickly as they set in. That means you’ll be able to return to your daily activities right away.